Senior User Researcher
Are you our Senior User Researcher?
The Customer team is a mix bag of specialisms focused on delivering an amazing experience to our customers. There's John, our Copywriter, Jorge, our Senior Designer, and Mar, our User Researcher, all reporting to Jude, Head of Marketing. But we also work closely with Product Manager's, Property Specialists and Data Scientists as we work towards helping aspiring homeowners live where they love and love where they live. We like to have a laugh, we're guardian of the snacks and every now and again, we double check our facts. Join us.
- You will lead qualitative and quantitative research projects to influence our proposition development, creative and brand communications and customer experience design and mapping. You’ll help us understand our users.
- You will identify, plan and conduct research to test new concepts, products and propositions. This includes user perceptions, requirements insight gathering and prototype testing to name a few. On occasion you might be needed to test creative concepts and campaign ideas to help refine marketing and advertising strategy.
- You’ll lead the usability testing process from user recruitment, analysis, report writing and recommendations. You’ll work with marketing and product managers to convert concepts into high quality materials.
- You’ll design discussion frameworks and guides. Applying your knowledge of human behaviour you’ll drive iterative development.
- You’ll manage the day-to-day operations with external suppliers, providing comprehensive briefs and ensuring output is in budget and within timescales.
- You’ll promote insight led decision making for user centred design. You’ll be the voice of best practice within the research discipline and within the wider company.
- You’ll be a coach. You’ll help guide and develop a more junior user researcher, widening their technical knowledge and skills.
- You’ll have high level of emotional intelligence, able to adapt and respond to different styles of communication and ways of thinking.
- You’ll be objective. Able to use reason to persuade others.
The skills you have
- You’ll have developed a knowledge of the full range of research methodologies. You’ll have experience of different segmentation methods and frameworks.
- You’ll be comfortable with raw data. You’ll be familiar with data analytics tools such as Tableau.
- You’ll have experience in web user-centered design practices and developing design personas.
- You’ll have experience of managing, executing and analysing usability test sessions. We’d love to hear about it.
Here’s why you’ll love working at Unmortgage:
Salary of £45k-£60k p/a
Central London location (near Bank tube station)
Cycle to work scheme
Your choice of hardware
Training budget to help you grow
Free team lunch on Fridays
Unlimited holidays — within reason!
Our interview process is designed to be quick and respectful. We're looking for people who are competent and would fit us culturally. So we:
- have a quick call with our Talent team
- invite you in to meet the people you'll be working with and maybe go through a technical exercise that should demonstrate your experience and skills.
- spend some time with the wider team, after which we'll make you an offer
End-to-end the process takes 7-14 working days, depending on your availability.
Apply today and start your next adventure with Unmortgage.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, we are currently unable to offer sponsorship.